Ep 21 | Enough is Enough. Quitting Your Day Job to Build an Online Business
Are you ready to leave your draining corporate job to start your own online business? These two women did just that! In this episode we’ll hear from Andreia Olaru who realized there was more to life than a fancy job title and living for the weekends. We’ll also hear from Chardét Durbin, whose physical symptoms of stress caused by the work culture in NYC led her to hit refresh and move to the U.K.
What We Discuss
- How a change of environment can trigger buried emotions to surface
- Getting professional help and talking to a therapist to get to the root of the negative emotions
- Reprogramming your mindset and understanding that we are much more than our job title
- What is wealth and abundance? Money vs freedom
- Moving away from a 9-5 to building an online business
- The future of work, remote work, having flexibility in your job, and being a digital nomad
- Growing up a multi-cultured kid in mid-west America
- Moving from the U.S. to the U.K.
- How to get a visa to live and work in the U.K.
- Challenges of hitting refresh and being a “trailing spouse”
- What’s like to start a company abroad
- Wanting to move back home to be close to family and friends
“Study hard, work hard, buy a house, live for the weekends, retire at 65.” – That’s what Andreia knew since she was a child. And like everybody else around her, she thought that this was normality. An unhappy period in her life forced her to snap out of this model. From 9-5 safe jobs to self-employment, the road wasn’t easy. She had to re-program my whole set of beliefs and habits.
Now she’s doing work aligned with her values and around her lifestyle. She helps young entrepreneurs to establish a digital presence when they launch their businesses. Andreia live in places she was only dreaming of going on vacations and waking up without an alarm is part of her daily routine. She doesn’t believe in retirement and she does think we need to work tirelessly to see our dreams a reality now!
Chardét Durbin is a Brazilian-American online wellness coach that helps busy women get stronger, fitter and more confident without dieting, gyming or missing out on life. She is a NASM Personal Trainer and certified nutrition specialist with experience coaching clients around the world from Rio to London through her online programs, workshops and international wellness retreats.