Ep 24 | Spectacularly Sixty! Transitioning from One Phase to the Next and Consciously Creating the Life of Your Dreams
In this episode I speak to two women in their 60’s who have taken control of the narrative of their life. Wanting to fulfill and dream and live a life they love, they took action and made it happen. Both women still reside in North America, which means you don’t need to move abroad to hit refresh!
First up we have Janice Tomich, from Vancouver and 62 years young! After a long career as a dental technician she developed an allergy that caused her to leave her career and start anew. Find out how she went from that to a communication specialist!
Next I’ll talk to Peggy Popour, who is from the U.S. and 63 years young. She recently retired from a 39 year career in Public Health and started a life on the road as an RVer!
What We Discuss
- Completely changing your career path later in life
- What it’s like to go back to university in your 40’s
- Evolving and extreme growth and how that can affect a relationship
- What it takes to start your own business and succeed
- Exploring travel later in life after raising a family and focusing on your career
- Retiring after a 39 year long career
- The RV life and what it’s all about and how to get started
- How losing the ones we love can be a catalyst to hitting refresh
- Living out your dream when your partner has other plans
- How to stay safe on the road as a solo female RVer
- Tips for preparing for retirement
- Finding your tribe online
Janice Tomich is a communication specialist located in Vancouver, Canada that believes everyone has a story to tell…one that people will sit up and take notice of.
Janice works with professionals and executives, either in person or online, to improve their public speaking skills to help them create winning presentations and speeches. She also coaches clients to use powerful, clear language to create a confident presence, which often rockets their business growth or career trajectory.
Employed for 39 years in the field of Public Health, mother of 2 daughters with 3+ grandchildren. Married but living separately. Retired Dec. 2018 and decided to fulfill a desire to travel. Purchased a Class B RV and have been living in it full time since. Hoping to travel to at least 49 states but also want to go farther afield. Taking a Rhine River cruise in the spring of 2020.