Ep 40 | From Philly To Malaga: One Woman's Pre-Move Adventure of Relocating a Family of 4 to Spain (Part 2)
Welcome to Season 4 of the She Hit Refresh podcast. A podcast for women age 30 and up who want to break free from routine and start a life of travel. Specifically women who want to move abroad or travel the world long-term. I sit down with women who have made their refresh dreams come true and discuss how and why they moved abroad or hit the road to travel.
In this episode I speak to the inspiring Lori Tharps! Lori moved from the U.S. to Spain in May 2021 and joined me on podcast episode 39 to talk about her upcoming move. We sit down again 6 months later to see how Spain has been treating her and how her and her family (husband and 2 children) have adjusted!
What we discuss
- What her last few days in the U.S. before leaving for Spain were like
- What obstacles did she face when she left and when she arrived to Spain
- How she felt about moving during a pandemic
- How her children have adjusted to living and going to school in Spain
- How she plans to spend her time now that she’s quit her job
- What she needs to unlearn so that she can truly embrace her refresh
- and more!
Lori L. Tharps is an author, journalist, educator, and podcast host who uses her words to spark conversation and change around issues of race and diversity. She is the author of the book, Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America and the memoir, Kinky Gazpacho: Life, Love & Spain and she has written for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Essence and Glamour magazines. Lori is the mother of three, can say, “I Love You” in seven languages and considers any independent bookstore her happy place.