Ep 9 | An Accountant’s Insight: How to Budget for Your Refresh with Sharon Kelly
Are you a planner? Some people have no problem leaping into the unknown on a whim while others need a detailed plan before committing to change. We have quite a few planners in the She Hit Refresh group and we often get asked for advice on how to budget for a refresh. In this episode Cepee interviews fellow refresher Sharon Kelly.
Sharon is an accountant and has worked in finance for 25 years, most recently in strategic planning and analysis. She used her knowledge and love of numbers to help meticulously plan out her refresh – before, during, and after. Take a listen to learn more about how to financially plan for your refresh!
What We Discuss
- Sharon’s planning process and how she crunched the numbers – this includes quitting her job and selling her house
- How she decided on two years of travel
- What expenses Sharon planned for during her refresh
- Her current income status and what happened to her retirement account
- The impact a break list this has on a career
After 20+ years in the corporate world, Sharon Kelly hit refresh in July 2018 and resigned from her job, sold her house and a lot of her belongings, packed a backpack and hit the road to travel the world for two years to experience life outside the office. Follow her journey at www.ditchedmydesk.com or on Instagram @ditched_my_desk.