Ep 29 | Lawyer Turned Travel Blogger, How Jen Ruiz Became Jen on a Jet Plane
Welcome to Season 3 where I’ll be speaking to women in the travel industry who are having an impact on the travel industry and helping others live their best lives. We’ll be covering corporate runaway stories, remote work tips, grief and travel, planning for retirement, solo female travel, moving abroad, building generational income, and much more!
In today’s episode I sit down with Jen Ruiz. Jen is a lawyer turned travel blogger and author currently living in Puerto Rico. She is a three-time TEDx speaker and is a #1 Amazon Bestseller, two-time Readers’ Favorite Award winner. She runs Jen on a Jet Plane, where she helps travelers fly for less and experience more.
Listen to the podcast here!
What we discuss
- The pressure of turning 30 and how that prompted a big life change
- Her 12 trips in 12 months challenge
- How she transitioned from law to travel blogging
- Pro tips for finding remote work
- Burnout and how to minimize it as an entrepreneur
- Doubts about hitting refresh
- Being a single, childfree, Latina woman in her 30s and the pressures that come with that
Jen is a lawyer turned travel blogger and author currently living in Puerto Rico. She is a three-time TEDx speaker and is a #1 Amazon Bestseller, two-time Readers’ Favorite Award winner with books like:
- 25 Ways to Work From Home: Smart Business Models to Make Money Online
- The Solo Female Travel Group
- The Affordable Flight Guide
- You Need a Vacation: How to Travel with a Full Time Job
Listen, Review & Subscribe
If you enjoyed this episode we’d love if you could rate, review and subscribe to the She Hit Refresh podcast.